My Emily turned 7 years old today. Quite a neat time to reflect on the past years. All of my children's births were unique and amazing. But Emily's had even more of a unique experience. Emily was born at home....planned with two midwives. Born after only 3 hours of labour. I can remember a lot of the events so clearly. Emily was the one baby, I took a double look to see she was a girl. I was SO sure she was a boy! :) Not that it mattered to me, but so many relatives (including our own families) had a girl, then a boy.
Emily is a pretty special girl. She is cautious when she enters into a new experience, or meeting new people. But once she warms up, she is a very caring, loving person. She is in Grade 1 ~ and for the most part I think she really enjoys it. (even though she claims she doesn't). Her teacher has said she has great fine motor skills and can draw very well ~ more than he would expect out of a student her age. She's got a lot of "art" in her blood. Both Rolland and Mona are wonderful artists. As well as my brother Dan (Marc is pretty good too!).
Birthday Celebration ONE ~ with Rolland's parents, and Auntie Mona. Auntie Mona gave Em a scrapbook, with stencils, stamps, and ink, and Grandma and Grandpa gave her a new outfit. Both gifts she LOVED! Thank you for thinking of her!
I don't know about others in our family, but I find Emily one of the easier kids to buy for. She shows her interests.....so far all those gifts have been right up her alley! :)

Emily decided to make a birthday cake to take to church potluck today. So we worked on mixing the cake and baking on Saturday morning, and iced it last night. Emily shared her birthday week with a couple other people at church so we sang Happy Birthday to all of them!

Tonight we met Grandpa and Grandma (and Kaelie ~ she was there visiting for a few days on her own) at Dairy Queen. A birthday supper for Emily as well as pick up Kaelie :)

Mommy and her sweet 7 year old.

Daddy giving the birthday girl 7 kisses!
We let Emily open some gifts from us, and her sisters (and brother) ~ one of Emily's favorite things right now is the Disney movie Camp Rock. She can sing the songs off of it very well. So we bought her a camp rock calendar, toy, and gave her some money.

Daddy giving the birthday girl 7 kisses!
We decided to have a friend birthday party for her on this coming Saturday. We thought we would wait til the kids were back in school so we could hopefully get a better turn out. I guess we'll see! Pray for me, I hope it goes well. I just don't think I am very good at planning parties! :)



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Emily! :)
Love the 7 kisses from Daddy!
And the gifts are great!
And the one pic of Em in her blue shirt brings out her beautiful eyes so nicely!
oh and Laurie - you plan fantastic birthdays... it will be wonderful!
You'll do fine for the party.
You should show off some of Em's art.
hi laurie! I forgot you had had a homebirth--did you know that's what we're planning this time around too? our midwife is about 1.5 hrs away so I hope my labour is a bit longer than 3 hours-!! :)
happy birthday emily! what a beautiful 7 year old.
hi to your family from us!
Post a Comment