



Kaelie and Rolland attended a camp in the Alberta Rockies last week. They both had a wonderful time. This is a camp that Rolland grew up going to. I was on facebook and discovered a group for this camp. And one of the postings was on 2007 favorite memories. This is what our friend Natalie wrote :
Many of my highlights came from my sweet little junior girls. They really showed me a new beautiful side of God last week. I have to share with you one little conversation I had with Kaelie (I hope she doesn't mind if I do!). It went something like this:
K: Natalie, do we get to volunteer to do dishes this week?
N: I don't think they need volunteers anymore, Kaelie, because the duties are assigned.
K: Oh. Because I don't even like money but I love doing dishes for other people.
N: Really?
K: Yeah, I really do!
What a sweet heart! I guess she kept bugging Rolland so much that he asked if she could be added to the list. When it was her turn she jumped up with an enthusiastic "yes!" If only we all were as excited about doing camp dishes!!
Some neat things that us as parents don't always notice or appreciate of our kids. I loved that story! :)
Rolland once again hiked up the moutain in the dark with a few others. It only took them an hour and a half!
They had an awesome time, but it was sure nice to have them home.
K: Natalie, do we get to volunteer to do dishes this week?
N: I don't think they need volunteers anymore, Kaelie, because the duties are assigned.
K: Oh. Because I don't even like money but I love doing dishes for other people.
N: Really?
K: Yeah, I really do!
What a sweet heart! I guess she kept bugging Rolland so much that he asked if she could be added to the list. When it was her turn she jumped up with an enthusiastic "yes!" If only we all were as excited about doing camp dishes!!
Some neat things that us as parents don't always notice or appreciate of our kids. I loved that story! :)
Rolland once again hiked up the moutain in the dark with a few others. It only took them an hour and a half!
They had an awesome time, but it was sure nice to have them home.



3 comments:
Thanks for sharing a glimpse of daddy and his little girl, Kaelie at camp - what a wonderful experience for both!
Kaelie wanting to help others is something she learned and picked up by watching her parents - you aren't always aware, but little ones do learn from you! So, Mom & Dad just continue being YOU ~
Modeling the Grace of God,
the Love of Christ,
and the Peace of the Holy Spirit.
Love
Mom H
aww, it IS a sweet story! glad my sis had fun with your daughter :) and isaac is SO cute! I'm really noticing the disappearing time lately too, Caitlin is now 3 months (2 days ago) and it's just flown by. man, pretty soon she'll be off to college or something (weirrrrrd!). love you guys, hi to your family!
wow, that's great! I would print that out and save it in her "baby book" or whatever you have for her. Good job Laurie and Rolland!
Post a Comment