My kids do drive me nuts at times, but most of the time I am not one of those moms that are in a hurry to ship the kids out the door to school. I like having them around. This summer has been sooooo great, it has been busy, a fun busy. And I think we have made some memories. Just seemed like school came so quickly.....and we actually took an extra two weeks off of school in June!
But here is the day! It has gone very well so far. I started it with a pancake breakfast. I decided I would get up early, make them something 'special' and be ready before I had to wake them up. Figured it likely would help motivate them to get ready for the day.Some of the pancakes, I made heartshaped
The morning went so smoothly....... no tears, no stress, everyone got ready in great time! We sat around the kitchen table and visited. Talked about their excitment for the day, their nervousness for the day, etc...... and prayed with them. Lovely way to start the first day of school!
Oh..... I said no tears.......but Isaac was a bit of a grouch. Thankfully we weren't getting him ready to go to school LOL. He did not want to even be in this picture.oh, and yep my two younger girls talked me into doing some pink hair for them! LOL
Emily sitting with Abby & Trey
Kaelie in her new classroom
And Syd in her's. The teacher had to do a bit of desk swapping......Syd needed a smaller/shorter one :)
Plum Cake
2 weeks ago



2 comments:
Laurie - what a GREAT Mom you are - pancake breakfast and all! WOW and heart shapes to boot! :) You are awesome! ;)
The girls look very excited and happy - and I love Syd's face... it's almost like she's looking around that new classroom wondering "where are all the toys/centers?" like she would have had last year!! Adorable!
I agree with Jen! Laurie you are a great Mom ... (and Rolland, a great Dad) proud of you and your kiddos!
The kids look so happy getting ready for school -- perhaps Isaac thought he was to go to school, too and JUST wasn't ready for that endeavor?! Cute pic ... we'll have to post that at his wedding some day!?? LOL
Grandma Mariann
Post a Comment