Tuesday, December 02, 2008

crafting and baking

My friend Jen gave me the idea for this craft! It sounded fun, so I set out to find the materials...... Tongue depressers, and white mint lifesavers (and some glue & glitter/glitter glue). I think the kids all enjoyed it. They also enjoyed eating some of the lifesavers (not the glued ones) :) I did use a hot glue gun to glue the tongue depressers into a "star". 
Isaac and his "CHEEEEEEEZE" face :) 





The results:  Isaac's
Sydnie's
Emily's
Kaelie's

I have been doing a lot of baking lately too. I am hoping to give a lot of baking away to different people....neighbors (don't have very many!), bus driver, teachers, etc..... So I have been trying to make a variety of different things. One of the new things I tried, and I am quite pleased with was Christmas Cranberry Cookies (link to the mennonite recipe blog). Again, the advice from my friend Jen to check out a mennonite recipe blog. I have found some great ideas from it!  These are my cookies....... not as nice looking as the blog. But they do taste good! 

2 comments:

Jen S. said...

mmmm... all your baking Laurie, so delicious! Wish I was one of your neighbours! ;)
And the snowflakes... awesome! Even Isaac did it, lucky boy! :)

Mona B. said...

did you notice, he's still got the CHEEEEZ eyes even with the sucky in his mouth?