Monday, September 19, 2011

Changes ahead..... and a little bragging about my hubby

In my boastful opinion, LOL, my husband is an excellent preacher/pastor/minister etc..... he does an amazing job at a job that really isn't easy. He can speak up front so well, get people's attention. When he speaking upfront, he has so much energy, so much excitement...... and does it well! But that isn't just the main roll of a preacher/pastor/minister ........ and he does many of the other aspects of this ministry well too. I am so proud of him.

To sum it up, He is burnt out. There are many factors directing him to his recent decision..... so it is really tough to pinpoint and say exactly what brought him to this new decision. When we first moved here he poured out all his energy towards this church family. But over this last year, that energy has run very low. It isn't fair to him, and it isn't fair to this church family.

He wrestled with making this decision for a very long time...... talked about it with a few rare people. I was so uneasy about it, and he wasn't going to do anything until I was sincerely at peace. So though some make think that this isn't a very prayerful time......it has been extremely prayerful, and has strengthened our faith tremendously!

I, then, just recently was wrestling with this whole thing. Afraid...... afraid of hurting people, afraid of what does he do next, afraid of financial issues, afraid....... many mornings I would wake up and pray..... "God show me", "God I just need to know for fact that this is the direction", "God I have confidence because I have you", "GOd take us where you need to take us"......... And finally after God sending at least 3 "canoes"........I said, "ok God, I will get in the boat". It's amazing to sit back and really listen.......and see what God is putting before you.

So finally, I was at peace....... to the point when my hubby talked about our options and one of them being stay with working at the church..... I didn't even hesitate with my answer of no.

Yesterday was a tough day. EMotional.....and I can't even pin point why. Nerves? hurting people? shocking people? But Rolland resigned from formal paid ministry. It is a very new chapter in our life....... exciting...... scary.......but good. We can do anything through Christ who strengthens us!

For now, we stay where we are!! Rolland has a job starting beginning of October. Working with a friend doing construction.A very different job for him.......BUT, I think it will be great for him. Not at all emotionally involved. And this may only be a stepping stone towards something else. He is also taking some computer classes.

We realize the grass isn't greener and there is many challenges to come our way, but we are excited to see where God takes us.

3 comments:

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Praying for you on yor new adventures. God will continue to bless and provide.

Jen S. said...

sounds like the embarking of a new adventure indeed! Awesome - may God bless you and keep you in your new schedules and life calling!

Unbroken Blessings said...

I can totally relate to the feelings of shocking people, etc. I know all the uneasy feelings that come with change. Doing a 'job' no matter what it is, and being burnt out, is not good for anyone involved. Your integrity gets questioned and you feel like no matter what you do, someone will be upset. BUT, in the end, all that matters is yourself and your family and doing whats best for your family.
From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely do wish you guys all the best and I hope that Rolland has a great experience at his new ventures!