Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Instead of a science fair, we had a Bible fair!

We started on Saturday evening. Judy took the four kids out for supper, then we all headed to the church building for a sleepover. Sunday morning we got up early and prepared breakfast for our church family!



Judy and I both look like we slept over at the church building :) I am so thankful for Judy and all that she does with the kids in our congregation. She is appreciated so much, and probably isn't told that enough!
The girls are dressed up in their "costume"for the Bible fair, ready to serve!
Grandma and Grandpa H came to enjoy this event this past Sunday!



Each of the older kids in our Sunday school class chose a Bible character to research. They spent about a month on this project getting prepared to present!

Kaelie dressed as Delilah......and she researched on Samson.
Emily's project was on Esther.

This is a diarama that Emily creatively put together as part of her presentation.
And this is a Samson grass head that kaelie worked on for her presentation.

Kaelie, Emily, Tyler, and Taliah each spoke to the congregation about their Bible character. And they all did an EXCELLENT job!!!!! So proud of them all!!


And Sydnie (being in the younger class didn't get to do a project) BUT she got up and sang a song....... something she likes to sing at prayer time at meals Johny appleseed. :) She did such a sweet job!!


3 comments:

Jamie said...

That is great, Laurie. What a wonderful idea. I love it all. And what a great mentor Judy is for you & your family!

Anonymous said...

I Love this idea! I may have to steal it in the future!
Jenn J

Jen S. said...

That was such a great idea!!! Amazing!

I bet Sydnie did a wonderful job too singing!