Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Can you believe I am old enough to have a 9 year old! WOW!

I can't believe my sweet "little" (not little any more!) Kaelie has turned 9. She is becoming quite a kid. We can have some really neat conversations with her, she is a BIG help (when she is wiling to be), she is awesome! :)

This is a prime example of time disappearing.....my tiny little 8 lbs 9 oz. baby........is growing up. This moment is one of those moments when it is a reality check.......of appreciating who she is right now, before this time escapes us!

As you may of seen in my blog in June we celebrated an early birthday with kaelie's friends before we moved away. Yesturday, she turned the big number NINE!

The kids and I are still staying with my parents, however, Rolland has started working......so we are apart from him. But he re-arranged his day's off so he could come and spend the day of Kaelie's birthday with us!

It was a busy day of VBS in the morning (will do a post, soon), playing in the afternoon , and picnicing, cake, presents, walk by the "lake" in the evening!! I think she enjoyed her special day! I hope she did, and I hope she knows how special she really is to all of us!

Kaelie was surprised by a couple of packages in the mail!! Thank you Grandpa Henri, and Grandma Marie!!! And Auntie Aimee, Uncle Kris, Tayla & Kaydence!!! & thank you Cousin Jenn for the card!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday kaelie!

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Happy birthday Kaelie.

A lake in Estevan?

Louise said...

Yep - my oldest just turned 7 on the 20th and I'm wondering where the time has gone!!! Glad to hear that you're doing well with your transition/move :) Have you had a chance to peek through the new SU! catalogue? You can also view it on-line! Hard to believe that summer is over now eh?